106 English Nickname Ideas that Every Grandpa Love to be Called 2020 Update.
Do you desire to be a grandfather someday? If yes, congratulations on this exciting new chapter of your life. Grandfathers are very special, though the word “grandfather” sounds, well too odd. That’s why we’ve rounded up some adorable nicknames list ideas on this page to guide you through.
Grandparents are one of the best pairs of people in our lives as they teach us important lessons and raise us with love and care. Modern grandfathers are often just as involved as grandmothers in the children’s lives and many children call their grandfather with non-traditional nicknames to show their love to them!
To help you with this, we have provided you with a list of unique nicknames for your granddad.
Amazing English Nickname Ideas for Grandpa
-Classic Grandfather Names:
Those opting for the traditional still have their pick of an almost endless number of variations on the traditional Grandpa, some evidently caused by childish mispronunciation, some perhaps derived from grandfather names in other languages.
Some families, especially those with multiple grandparents, choose to add the given name or the last name to the grandparent name, arriving at combinations such as Grandpa Will or Poppa Fisher.
- Grandpa (Add last name or first name)
- Pap Pap
– Global Grandfather Names:
Incorporate your roots or culture into your grandfather’s nickname
- Chinese: YeYe, YehYeh, or JeJe (paternal); Gong Gong or Wai Gong (maternal)
- Filipino: Lolo (most common), Ingkong, Lelong, Abwelo
- Flemish: Bompa, Bompi, Opa, Opi
- French: Grand-père, Grand-papa, Pépère, Papy, Papi
- French Canadian: Pépé, Pépère, Papi
- German: Opa
- Greek: Pappous, Pappoo, Papu, Papou
- Hawaiian: Tutu kane, Kuku kane
- Hebrew: Saba, Sabba
- Italian: Nonno, Nonnuccio, Nonnino, Nonnetto
- Irish: Seanáthair, Daideó, Móraí
- Japanese: Ojiisan, Sofu, Jiji, Baba
- Korean: Haraboji, Harabeoji, Halaboji, Halabeoji
- Polish: Dziadek, Dziadziu
- Portuguese: Avô, Avozinho, Vovô, Vo
- Russian: Dedushka, Deda, Dedulya
- Spanish: Abuelo, Abuelito, Lito
- Yiddish: Zayde, Zaydee, Zaydeh
– Most Recent Grandfather Name Ideas
Try something that’s not cliche to show how cool your grandpa really is.
- Big Daddy
- Big Man
- Big Poppa
- Cute Papa
- Poppa daddy
– Special Granfather Names:
Try something totally off-the-wall that represents your unique grandpa
– Pleasing Grandfather Names:
In summary, these unique names are a great way to show your affection and love for your grandfather. You could also choose more than one nickname as it will be fun to call them with different names each time.
Do you know any cool granddad nickname that isn’t on this list? Go ahead and add it in the comment section.