45 Outstanding Nicknames for Isaac That You Will Adore 2020 Update.
Are you searching for a name for a best friend, a boyfriend or an amazing boy named Isaac that is endearing and unique? Check out these nicknames
Isaac Meaning and Origin
The root of Isaac, a masculine name, is in the Hebrew language. Isaac is derived from the Hebrew word “tsachaq,” meaning “to laugh,” and the original form of Isaac is Yitschaq (Hebrew).
The Christian Bible has one of the earliest known uses of the name Isaac. Isaac was Abraham’s and Sarah’s first son, and since they had waited a long time for God to bless them with a son, Isaac’s birth gave them happiness and laughter.
However, the name is a common choice among Jews for baby boys, and in recent years, even in countries such as the United States, Isaac has continued to rise in popularity.
Common Nicknames for Isaac
Have you been trying to find popular nicknames for the name Isaac? Well, search no more! Here are some of the most widely accepted nicknames for someone named Isaac:
- Ise/Isey ‒ A simple nickname for a little boy named Isaac.
- Zeke/Zik ‒ An English nickname commonly used for the name Isaac.
- Isa ‒ A derivation from the original name Isaac.
- Isaak ‒ A popular variation used as a nickname for Isaiah.
- I-zay-yah ‒ A fun nickname for Isaac suitable for use as a screen-name or a username.
- Zack ‒ A nickname similar to the one above for someone named Isaac.
- Isa/Isak ‒ A Greek-rooted nickname for someone named Isaac, meaning “Laughter.”
- Iz/Ize ‒ A short and straightforward nickname for someone named Isaac.
- Issy ‒ A cool (and unisex) nickname suitable for someone named Isaac.
- Izaac ‒ A nickname commonly used among the Dutch.
- Azi ‒ A cool nickname suitable for the name Isaac.
- Sak – A short nickname for Isaac.
- Isac ‒ A Hebrew alternative for someone named Isaiah.
- Izaak/Izak ‒ A popular variant for the name Isaac.
- Issac Oldton ‒ A nickname for someone who’s the exact opposite of a genius.
- Newt ‒ For a math or science genius, inspired by the Late Sir Isaac Newton, the scientist who discovered gravity.
- Zikky ‒ An alternative nickname for someone named Isaac, similar to the one above.
- I-Candy ‒ For an Isaac with an attractive physique or personality.
Other Nicknames for Isaac
Here’s a list of other great nicknames for the name Isaac:
- Izsak ‒ A nickname with Hungarian origin for the name Isaac.
- Lamb ‒ A nickname for a meek and gentle Isaac, inspired by the biblical Isaiah, who was willing to obediently follow his father who had plans to sacrifice him.
- Father Abraham Jnr. ‒ Father Abraham might have many sons according to the Bible, but Isaac would always be first place.
- Zakky ‒ A fun nickname for the coolest Isaac, you know.
- Sir Gravity ‒ Inspired by the late Sir Isaac Newton, who discovered the Law of Gravity, and suitable for an Isaac who’s great at sports.
- Eyesack ‒ A tease nickname for an Isaac who works too hard or stays up too late and always has “eye bags.”
- Chuckles ‒ An even cuter alternative to the nickname above, suitable for an Isaac.
- Izzy Wizzy ‒ A cute nickname suitable for a little boy named Isaac.
- Ballsack – If your name ends with “Sack,” you get a lot of funny nicknames.
- Izik ‒ A clever twist of the name Isaac, suitable for use as a screen name.
- Giggles ‒ A nickname for a happy little boy named Isaiah, inspired by the meaning of the name, which is “Laughter.”
- Ice Cold ‒ A nickname for someone named Isaac known for being a calm or cold-hearted person.
- The Cackler ‒ A nickname for an Isaac who lives up to his name (Laughter), but in a really loud or somewhat irritating way.
- Isacco ‒ A Hebrew nickname for someone named Isaac; it means “laughter.”
- Eye-zy ‒ A nickname for someone with horrible eyesight or unusual eyes.
- Biggie Ziggy ‒ For someone named Isaac with a huge or tall frame.
- The Ram ‒ A funny alternative to the nickname above.
Variants of Isaac
- Isaack (German, Greek, Russian, and Yiddish)
- Isaakios (Dutch and Polish)
- Aizik (Russian and Yiddish)
- Ihaka (Maori)
- Ishaq (Arabic)
- Itzhak (Hebrew)
- Yitzak (Hebrew)
- Yitzhak (Hebrew and Yiddish)
- Yke (Dutch)
Famous People Named Isaac
Starting by considering famous personalities that bear the name when searching for a nickname for someone named Isaac is always a good idea.
Here’s a list of some well-known individuals called Isaac:
- Isaac Mizrahi ‒ American fashion designer, TV presenter, and Chief Designer of the Isaac Mizrahi brand for Xcel Brands.
- Isaac Lahey ‒ A character played by Daniel Sharman in MTV’s Teen Wolf.
- Isaac Hempstead Wright ‒ English actor, best known for his role as Bran Stark / Three-Eyed Raven in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
- Isaac Lee Hayes Jr. ‒ American singer, songwriter, actor, and producer.
- Sir Isaac Newton ‒ Physicist and mathematician who developed the principles of modern physics, including the Laws of Motion.
- Isaac Isidore Bruce ‒ Former American football wide receiver in the National Football League.
- Isaac Kristofer Brock ‒ Lead singer, guitarist, banjoist, and songwriter for the American indie rock band Modest Mouse.
- Isaac ‒ Son of Abraham and Sarah in the Old Testament Bible, father of Esau and Jacob.
- Isaac Julien ‒ British installation artist and filmmaker.
- Isaac Redman ‒ former American football running back.
- Isaac Charles Singleton Jr. ‒ American actor and writer.
- Isaac Asimov ‒ American author, biochemist, and prolific writer of science fiction and science books.
- Isaac ‒ From John Green’s novel “The Fault in Our Stars” and movie adaptation, played by Nat Wolff.
- Isaac Mendez ‒ A character from the TV show “Heroes” who could paint the future.
- Isaac Washington ‒ A character played by Ted Lange (a bartender) in the TV series “The Love Boat.”
Do you know any other great nicknames for Isaac? A name you’ve given someone special in your life, or a nickname you have been called? Share with us in the comment section