50 Famous Nicknames For Henry Latest Update 2020.
There are some famous nicknames for Henry like Harry, a darling choice for Potter fans, and Hank, a precious nickname who’s woefully underused.
There’s also Hal, another rarely heard gem. Variants of the name include Henrik, Hendrik, and Hendry. Music lovers could stretch it further with Hendrix as well. Similar names to Henry’s style are John, Arthur, and Thomas.
Meaning and Origin Of Name Henry
A regal name used for centuries, Henry has widespread appeal across time and continents. Meaning “home ruler” from the German Heimirich, Henry has always been surrounded by images of strength and honor.
Henry has been popular among kings with over a dozen ‘Henrys’ ruling between Germany and England alone. He’s also the formal name of the Duke of Sussex, the spunky younger son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana who stands apart with his fiery red locks and mischievous grin.
Despite these regal roots, he’s also nimbly used among commoners. He’s been the name of poets, authors, and actors alike through the years, all beloved for their creative talents and ways with words.
Henry is universally agreed to be strong, but he’s also soft in sound, his friendly -y ending matched by Anthony, Bentley, and Zachary.
Famous People Named Henry
Here are some famous people named Henry
- Henry Hudson – English sea explorer.
- Henry Lukin – South African military commander.
- Henry Cavill – British actor.
- Henry Ford – American industrialist; Founder of Ford Motor Company.
- Henry Bertram Price – A United States Navy Captain; the 30th Naval Governor of Guam.
- Henry Lau – Chinese singer, dancer, and violinist.
- Henry Rollins – American Singer.
- Henry Moore – English sculptor and artist.
- Henry Schichtle – American football player.
- Henry Sugut – Kenyan long-distance runner.
- Henry Hugh Tudor – British soldier.
- Henry Cardenas – Colombian road cyclist.
- Thierry Henry – French footballer and Arsenal legend.
- Henry Golding – British Malaysian actor.
- Henry Miller – American author.
- Henry Kissinger – American politician, Diploma, 1973 Nobel Peace Prize Winner.
- Henry Parayre – French Sculptor.
- Henry Surtees – British racing driver.
- Henry Bibby – American basketball player.
- Henry Fox Talbot – English scientist, inventor, and photography pioneer.
- Henry Menzies – Scottish rugby player.
- Henry Czerny – Canadian film, stage and television actor.
- Henry Winkler – American actor and producer.
- Henry Tingle Wilde – Chief Officer of the RMS Titanic.
Fictional Characters Named Henry
Here are a few fictional characters named Henry:
- Henry (Amazing Animals)
- Henry Branwell (The Infernal Devices)
- Henry Hawk (Looney Tunes)
- Henry (KaBlam!)
- Henry (The Dream Songs)
- Henry the Octopus (The Wiggles)
- Henry the Green Engine (The Railway Series)
- Henry I (Once Upon A Time)
- Henry (Comic)
- Uncle Henry (the Oz books)
- Horrid Henry (Horrid Henry TV Show)
- Henry Bowers (IT)
- Henry Clerval (Frankenstein)
- Henry Deacon (Eureka)
- Henry Forman (Marvin Marvin)
- Henry Gupta (Tomorrow Never Dies)
- Henry Keddy (Angry Boys)
- Henry F. Potter (It’s A Wonderful Life)
- Henry Pym (Ant-Man)
- Henry Townshend (Silent Hill 4)
- List of Nicknames for Henry
- Henry Nicknames
Cute Nicknames for Henry
Know any cute Henry’s in need of a nickname, then you should look no further. This list of cute nicknames for Henry is undoubtedly going to leave you satisfied:
- Dearie – It rhymes with Henry.
- Renny – A small but mighty Henry.
- Honey – It’s not far from Henry.
- ReeRee – A Henry that plays a lot.
- Reece – A Henry that is very enthusiastic.
- Henree – A cute variant for Henry.
Popular Nicknames for Henry
These popular nicknames for Henry are directly gotten from the name itself and are a great first choice for anyone looking for nicknames for Henry. Here are a few nicknames for Henry you would love:
- Henk – From Hank
- Enry – The last four letters from Henry.
- Hens – the first three letters of Henry spelled with S.
- Henri – A French variant for Henry.
- Harry – A common nickname for the name Henry.
- Henrich – A wealthy Henry.
- Henrik – A German variant for Henry.
- Hen – The first three letters of Henry.
- Hank – a short nickname for Henry.
- Henz – A variant spelling for the nickname Hens.
- Rik – From Hank
- Spanky – From Hank
- Ree – From the name Henry.
- Ry – The last two letters of Henry.
- Hal – A cool short for Henry.
- Hanky – From Hank
- Hendry – A Scottish variant for Henry.
- Ry-Ry – The last two letters of Henry pronounced twice.
Nicknames can also be funny, especially when it is the right fit for the person. Here are some funny nicknames for Henry:
- Jekyll – Nicknamed after the fictional character Dr. Henry Jekyll.
- Hengry – A Henry with a short temper.
- Hanky Panky – From Hank.
- Tank – Henry, Hank, Tank. A good nickname for a muscular Henry.
- Heinz – A reference to ketchup, a Henry who likes ketchup.
- Horny – Henry, Honry, Horny.
- Chick – Because of Hen.
- Cuckoo – From Hen, the short form of the name.
- Henrietta –A female form of the name, but when used for a guy, it’s funny.
- Hennas – A selfless Henry.
- HenryTheBuilder – A Henry that loves to play video games.
- HairyHenry – It rhymes with Thierry Henry (the football legend), and it is used for a Henry with lots of hair.
- Tenners – From Henry to Hen, Hen to Henners, Henners finally becomes Tenners.
Cool Nicknames for Henry
In the social media era, nicknames have become a plus as they double as great social media handles. Here are some cool nicknames for Henry that would work:
- King – Because Thierry Henry used to be called King.
- Henny – The common name of Hennesy, the liquor brand. A cool nickname for a Henry that likes his drink.
- Hennessy – The liquor brand.
- Ford – From Henry Ford.
- Henrythe5th – A cool Instagram handle for Henry.
- Enrico – An Italian Henry.
- Enrique – An artistic Henry.
- HenDawg – A Henry that is a good friend.
- Hensy – A cool pronunciation of Henry.
- HenchMan – A Henry that is a real gee.