40 Amazing and Famous Nicknames for Adrian 2020 Update.
Are you looking for nicknames for Adrian? You’ve come to the right place. Find all the amazing Adrian nicknames below.
Adrian Name Meaning
The name Adrian is of Latin origin, which means ‘from HadriaPicena.’ Adrian is a variant of ‘Adrianus’ or ‘Hadrianus.’
It is derived from Hadria, a town named after the Adriatic Sea in northern Italy, which is named after the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Adrian was the name of many saints and martyrs of early Christianity.
The name may also come from the Latin word ‘atur,’ which means ‘black’ or ‘dark.’ The name only became common in modern times, even though it has been in use since the middle Ages.
Amazing Nicknames for Adrian
Here is a list of nicknames for Adrian.
- Adi (A-Dee)
- Adey – A variant for AD from Adrian.
- Adriano – A Portuguese variant for Adrian
- Jadranko – A nickname for Adrian of Croatian origin.
- Aden – A nickname inspired by the Eden, the bib.
- Ace – any name that starts with “A” could use the nickname Ace.
- Hadrianus – The ancient Roman form of the name Adrian.
- Dan – A nickname from letters in Adrian.
- Adrien – A French variant for Adrian.
- Adelene – A feminine diminutive of Adrian.
- Dreezy – A cool nickname for Adrian.
- Jadran – The Serbian variant of Adrian.
- Adrianne – A feminine diminutive of Adrian.
- AD-man – Like advertising man.
- Rain – A nickname for Adrian gotten from rearranging the last four letters of the name.
- Aris – A nickname for Adrian of Dutch origin
- Rie – A Japanese name meaning ‘blessing’.
- Arie – A Dutch variant for Adrian.
- Adorjan – A Hungarian-rooted variant of Adrian.
- AI – Meaning Awesome and Intelligent, a nickname from the fourth and fifth letters of Adrian.
- Hadrien – A nickname for Adrian, who is French.
- Android – Tech-inspired Adrian nickname.
Popular People Named Adrian
Here is a list of some famous people named Adrian:
- Adrian Monk – The protagonist of the television series Monk
- Adrian Veidt – Alias Ozymandias, the character in the Watchmen graphic novel series
- Adrian Leverkühn – The protagonist of Thomas Mann’s Doctor Faustus
- Adrian Toomes – alias Vulture, a Marvel Comics villain
- Adrian Corbo – Alias Flex, a Marvel Comics superhero
- Adrian Alston – Australian soccer player
- Adrian Ivashkov – Character in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy
- Adrian Hanauer – American businessman
- Adrian Goldsworthy – a British historian and author who specializes in ancient Roman history
- Adrian Amos – American football player
- Adrian Smith – an American architect who designed the world’s tallest structure, Burj Khalifa, as well as the building projected to surpass it, the Jeddah Tower, in Jeddah.
- Adrian Edmondson – English actor, comedian, director, writer and musician
Do you know other great terms of endearment for Adrian that isn’t on our list? Kindly add them in the comments section below!