112 Amazing and Witty Nicknames for Daniel 2020 Update.
Are you browsing for a good nickname for a cute person named Daniel? In this post, you can find some cute nicknames for Daniel.
Daniel is a common name worldwide, possibly because of its Christian roots, but it may be difficult to come up with a nickname for someone called Daniel.
The name Daniel was taken from the etymology of Hebrew. It is written as “Daniyyel” in Hebrew, which means “God is my Judge.” In the Bible, Daniel was God’s prophet, who was in Babylon in captivity.
He started to serve in the king’s court after interpreting the King’s dream. Many other royal regimes served him, and one led him into the den of the lions, from which he was saved by God.
In England, Daniel was used as early as the middle Ages. In the 15th century, it became less common, but later regained prominence during the Protestant Reformation.
Popular Nicknames for Daniel
So let’s start with the most popular Daniel nicknames:
- Danny boy
- DJ: Daniel with a middle name that starts with “J.”
Cute Nicknames for Daniel
Here are some cute pet names you could call your Daniel:
- Daniel-San – From the movie “The Karate Kid.”
- Daniel Saurus Rex – For dinosaur fanatics
- PakisDani – Rhymes with Pakistani
- Boone – After the famous “Daniel Boone.”
- Dan Shan
- Manual Danual
- Big D
- LaRusso – Reference to Daniel LaRusso in the Karate Kid movie.
- Double N
- Danny from the block – Mimicking the sentence” Jenny from the block”
- Daniel Craig – James Bond
- Dan-O – Like Jello
- Dan the Man
- Dannibal – Wordplay on Hannibal.
- DannyDroiid – like an android
- Baby Dan
- Dirty Dan
- Lieutenant Dan
- Daniel the Maniel
- Little Dan
- Tali-Dan – A reference to Taliban.
- Daniellon – Similar to the flower known as the Dandelion.
- Dandy Dan
Funny Nicknames for Daniel
Here are some funny nicknames you can call someone named Daniel:
- Danny Whammy
- Kiss Daniel – From a Nigerian Afrobeat musician. You could use different words such as Love Daniel, Kick Daniel, Thin Daniel etc.
- Danny Whizz-Bang – A character in the UK Tv show, The Peaky Blinders.
- Grand Dan
- Danny Kinz
- Dan-U-Be – The name is a full sentence that says “Dan-U-Be-Quiet.”
Female Pet Names for Daniel
You can use these feminine Daniel pet names for a lady named Daniel or use it to taunt a guy named Daniel.
- Dranka – Slovak or Serbia origin
- Nelida – Spanish related name to Daniel. It is like a scramble of the letter’s creation.
- Danuska – Of Czech origin
- Danka – Slovak origin
- Danjiela – Slovene
Language Variations of Daniel
- Daniyehl – Czech
- Daniels – Latvian
- Danilo – Italian
- Danihel – Biblical Latin
- Danya – Russia
- Danco – Macedonian
- Deiniol – Welsh
- Danyal – Arabic and Urdu
- Danylo – Ukrainian
- Daan – Dutch
- Tatu – Finnish
- Danielius – Lithuanian
- Danail – Bulgarian
- Daan – Dutch
- Taniel – Armenian
- Taneli – Finnish
- Daniyyel – Biblical Hebrew
- Deniel – Breton
- Danel – Spanish
- Dancho – Bulgarian
- Daniilu – Old Church Slavic
- Daniil – Russian
- Danjal – Faroese
- Danielek – Polish
Famous People Named Daniel
- Daniel Craig, the famous James Bond actor.
- Daniel Tosh, American Stand-Up Comedian and Television Presenter
- Daniel Mendoza (1764–1836), English Heavyweight Boxer
- Daniel Webster (1782–1852), American Statesman
- Daniel Day-Lewis, the famous English Actor
- Daniel Boone (1734–1820), American Pioneer, Fur Trader, Explorer, Adventurer.
Finally, don’t be afraid to come up with your own unique Daniel pet name and when you do, try to share it in the comments section below.