70 Baby Names That Mean Sun for Your Prince and Princess.
Are you looking for bright and shiny names for your bundle of joy? Then why not go for names that mean sun? Check these unique names out!
Baby names that mean sun evoke summer, warmth, fire, and the zodiac fire signs of aries, sagittarius, and especially leo.
You can get some inspiration from the warm sun if you know this new baby can bring joy to your life. Our universe is centered on the sun. Your little bundle of joy could represent the core of the universe of your family.
The glorious sun is a great inspiration for naming children born in the sunny months of May to August. From the ancient deities worshiped by the early civilizations to the names meaning Sun, we have looked up everything to create this sunshine laden baby name list
Check out the bright ideas below for more baby names which mean sun for your little sunshine.
Cool Boy Names That Mean Sun
Here are some boys names that mean sun for your soon-to-be son.
- Soniva: Meaning: Norwegian for “Sun gift” Biblical name with a Hebrew origin meaning “sun”
- Aidan/Aiden/Ayden: Meaning: Celtic name for fire, the fire of a sun
- Sol: Meaning: Spanish name for “Sun”
- Dayton: Meaning: Old English for “Settlement, town”
- Taner: Meaning: Turkish name meaning “Born with Sunrise”
- Cyrus: Meaning: Persian for “Sun”
- Finley: Meaning: Scottish name for “Fair-haired warrior”
- Dominic: Meaning: Roman Italic name for “Belonging to God”
- Hari: Meaning: Sanskri name for “Lion”
- Felix: Meaning: Latin name for “Lucky”
- Jaime: Meaning: Hebrew for “One who supplants”
- August: Meaning: Latin name of “Esteemed, venerable”
- Beacon: Meaning: Old English for “Signal light”
- Domingo: Meaning: Spanish for “Born on a Sunday”
- Elio: Meaning: Italian name for “Sunny and spirited”
- Rino: Meaning: Roman origin name meaning “Gift of God”
- Sulien: Meaning: Wel name meaning “Sun born”
- Ravi: Meaning: Indian name after the Hindi Sun God
- Helio: Meaning: Spanish origin name for “the sun”
- Apollo: Meaning: A name after the Greek Sun God
- Gisli: Meaning: Scandinavian name for ray of sunshine
- Blaze: Meaning: Latin name for “fire”, representing the blaze of a sun
- Eleodoro: Meaning: Spanish name for “Gift from the sun”
- Samson: Meaning: Hebrew for “Sun”
- Kiran: Meaning: Indian name for “Sunbeam”
- Haru: Meaning: Japanese for “Light, clear weather”
- Phoenix: Meaning: Greek name for “Dark red”; mythical bird associated with rising from the ashes and fire
Unique Girl Names That Mean Sun
For your darling daughter, check out these names associated with the sun.
- Ellen: Meaning: Greek for “Sunrays, shining light”
- Liane: Meaning: English name meaning “Daughter of the sun”
- Aelia: Meaning: Ancient Roman name meaning “Sun”
- Helaine: Meaning: Old English name meaning “light”
- Cira: Meaning: French name for “Ladylike”
- Shirley: Meaning: English name for “Bright meadow”
- Zia: Meaning: Arabic name for “Light, splendor”
- Solana: Meaning: Spanish name for “Sunshine”
- Aurora: Meaning: name is after the Roman Goddess of sunrise
- Malina: Meaning: name after Goddess of the sun from Inuit mythology
- Dawn: Meaning: Old English name for “Daybreak, awakening”
- Soleil: Meaning: French name for “Sun”
- Lucy: Meaning: Italian name for “Light”
- Helen: Meaning: Greek origin name meaning “ray of sun,” “shining light”
- Kalinda: Meaning: Hindi for “sun”
- Eldora: Meaning: Greek for “Gift from the sun”
- Cyra: Meaning: Persian name for “Sun, throne, or lord”
- Phoebe: Meaning: Greek name for “Brilliant, radiant”
- Nanala: Meaning: Hawaiian name for “Sunflower”
- Leana: Meaning: Irish name for “Light, beautiful woman”
- Keren: Meaning: Hebrew for “Ray of light”
- Elanor: Meaning: Sindarin name for “Star sun”
- Eliane: Meaning: Name with Greek, Hebrew, Latin origins meaning “Sun”
- Oriana: Meaning: Latin name for “Sunrise”
- Easter: Meaning: Christian name for “Where the sun rises”
- Alba: Meaning: Latin for “Sunrise”
- Siria: Meaning: Spanish and Persian origin name for “Bright sun”
- Aine: Meaning: name after the Irish Sun goddess
- Alina: Meaning: Greek for “Light”
Unisex Names That Mean Sun
If you’re not sure whether you’re expecting a girl or a boy, or you’re looking for non gender specific names meaning sun, here are some options for you to consider.
- Solaris: Latin Origin, meaning “of the sun”.
- Sandya: Hindi Origin, meaning “sunset time, name of a God”.
- Solstice: English Origin, meaning “when the sun stands still”
- Sunny: English Origin, meaning “bright and cheerful”.
- Misae: American Origin, meaning “white hot sun”.
- Bobby / Bobbie: Germanic Origin, meaning “bright, shining”.
- Sol: Spanish Origin, meaning “sun”
- Gisli: Scandanavian Origin, meaning “ray of sunshine”.
- Arpiar: Armenian Origin, meaning “sunny”.
- Dayton: English Origin, meaning “bright and sunny town”
- Halo: Greek Origin, meaning “divine aura”.
- Lucian / Lucy-Ann: French Origin, meaning “light”.
- Suvan: Hindi Origin, meaning “the sun”.
- Naolin: Spanish Origin, meaning “Aztec God of the sun”
- Robin: English Origin, meaning “bright fame”.
- Sunday: Origin, meaning “born on Sunday”
Which of these names do you prefer? lets see it in the comment box below and please add any good sun names you think are missing!