70 Beautiful and Lovely Nicknames for Hannah 2020 Update.
Are you looking for good nicknames for somebody named Hannah to call? We share all the short, cute, funny, creative, and popular nicknames for Hannah we know in this article. Checkout the list below.
Hannah Name Meaning
Hannah is a classic name that continues to wow parents with her winning mix of biblical roots and a gentle voice. Hannah means ‘grace’ or ‘favor’ from the Hebrew name Channah.
A simple beauty, Hannah is free of excessive syllables or frilly fluff. Despite dotting the U.S. name charts since its incorporation in 1900, she is a reliable classic, timeless in her elegance. She also has the cool factor of being a name for a palindrome, an honour shared by Ava, Anna, and Emme.
Hannah is a religious name, used both in Christianity and Judaism. In her loyalty, the biblical Hannah was persistent, a quality many would find admirable.
Like Abigail, until the Puritans in the 1600s, Hannah was not widely used as a first name. Since then, she’s risen steadily.
Also, a lot of famous people have been named Hannah.
Short Nicknames for Hannah
The most obvious choice for nicknames is a short form of the name. The following are popular short forms of the name Hannah:
- Han Han – A cute and adorable Hannah.
- Hanna – Welsh pronunciation for Hannah.
- Annie – A short form for Hanny.
- Nany – A strong-willed Hannah.
- Ann – A short form of Hannah.
- Hani – An overly excited Hannah
- Nan – A strong, beautiful Hannah.
- Han – The first three letters of Hannah.
- Hanns – Alternate spelling of Hans.
- Ana – Most popular short form of Hannah.
- Hammy – A dramatic Hannah.
- Hanners – A pet form of Hann.
- Hanny – Hebrew origin meaning “Grace.”
Cute Nicknames for Hannah
Hannah is such a cute name, but what’s even sweeter are these cute Hannah nicknames:
- Hannah Hunnie – A Hannah, you love a lot.
- Nah Nah – An overly serious Hannah.
- Hannah Banana – A mushy Hannah.
- Ha Ha – A Hannah who laughs at her own jokes.
- Hannah Storm – An iconic, elegant Hannah.
- Hannerz – Hanner with a Z.
- Hannibal – A reference to the character; Hannibal Lecter
- Hannie Doll – A Hannah that reminds you of a doll.
- Hansie – A serious Hannah.
- Hannah K – After the 1983 drama film.
- Havalard – Alternate form of Havana.
- Hottie Hannah – An attractive Hannah.
- Hannah Core – A tough Hannah.
- Hanners – A trend-setting Hannah.
- Hanne – An intelligent Hannah.
- Hansy – A classy Hannah
- Hanky – A positive Hannah.
- Hannable – A perfect health, Hannah.
- Hayna – A cute Hannah.
- Nanny – An overprotective Hannah
- Nayah – A gorgeous, perfect and charming Hannah.
- Nana – An amazing Hannah.
- Hansbonanas – Your best friend called Hannah.
- Hannahgail – A very happy Hannah.
- Anna – A cognate of the Hebrew Hannah.
- Hannah Love – A Hannah you are in love with.
- Hannah Lou – A gorgeous Hannah.
- Hanny Toodle – A young Hannah just learning to walk.
- Hannahbee – A cute Hannah nickname.
- Hanna Munckin – A cute pet name for a true sweetheart.
- Hannah-lou-li-lo – An exaggeration of Hannah Lou.
- Hannah Panda – A cute, cuddly Hannah.
- Harnie – An ambitious Hannah.
- Hannie Bear – A cute little Hannah.
- Han-a-land – A Hannah that lives in her own world.
- Hanny Pants – A funny Hanny.
Funny Nicknamesfor Hannah
Here is a list of the funny nicknames for Hannah we know:
- Hanna Montana – A pretentious Hannah; a reference to the Disney movie Hannah Montana.
- Hurricane Hannah – A Hannah that leaves a mess lying around.
- Hanny Nannany – An elderly Hannah.
- Hannaballs – A mean wordplay on the more common Hannah nickname; Anabelle.
- Hanakin – A Hannah, who loves holidays.
- Hanny Fanny – A very funny and smart, Hannah.
- Hanal – Perhaps, the meanest and cruelest of them all. If you take out the letter “H” from this nickname, you will understand why it is the meanest Hannah nickname on the list.
- Buggy Hannah – A youthful Hannah.
- Hannah Bug – A petite Hannah.
- Hannah Spanner – A Hannah that knows her way around tools.
Creative Nicknames for Hannah:
For somebody named Hannah, these cleverly crafted nicknames for Hannah will be perfect. So, if it’s your daughter, sister or mate, then these Hannah nicknames are a great choice:
- Hannaconda – A reference to “Anaconda” by Nicki Minaj.
- Han Solo – Reference to the Star Wars character Han Solo.
- Haryana – Abode of God.
- Hanita – A kind Hannah.
- Hanavarna – A smart and amazing Hannah.
- Hanneza – A lucky Hannah.
- Hanna Belle – The sweetest yet quickest Hannah.
- Hannable – A perfect health, Hannah.
- Hannalisa – A beautiful Hannah.
- Hanalise – Alternate spelling of Hannahlece.
- Hannalia – A very expressive Hannah.
Popular People Named Hannah
A common source of nicknames is famous individuals or fictitious characters. So, it’s not hard to imagine people calling you Hanna Montana (the iconic Disney character) if you are called Hannah.
The following are famous people named Hannah:
- Hannah Robinson (British Songwriter)
- Hannah Teter (American Snowboarder)
- Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (Nigerian businesswoman and politician)
- Hanna Reitsch (German aviatrix, Nazi test, the only woman ever awarded the Iron First Class)
- Hannah Dakota Fanning (American actress popularly known as Dakota Fanning)
- Hannah Adams (American author)
- Hannah Semer (Israeli Journalist)
- Hannah Gross (Canadian actress)
- Hannah (Australian pop singer)
- Hannah Simone (Canadian television hostess, actress, and former fashion model)
- Hannah Ware (English model and actress)
- Hannah Vogt (German historian)
- Hanna Marin (Pretty Little Liars)
- Hannah Baker (13 Reasons Why)
- Hannah Mckay (Dexter)
- Hannah Abbot (Harry Potter character)
- Hannah Montana (Hannah Montana Disney Show)
If you know any nickname we might have overlooked for Hannah, you are welcome to write it in the comment section as well.