105 Clever, Cool and Famous Nicknames for David 2020 Update.
David: Looking for a name that’s endearing and sweet for a lover, a best friend, or an adorable boy named David? Here are some cute nicknames
David may be a fairly common name, but it’s not as easy as you’d think to come up with a nickname for David, this is why we’ve collected all the sweet, cool, cute, and funny nicknames we know for David.
David is a Hebrew name, meaning “beloved.” This name’s popularity dates back to King David in the Bible as far back as the 10th century, who was recorded as one of the most powerful kings that ruled the nation of Israel.
David’s name was also popularized in the middle Ages in Britain, as well as in Wales and Scotland.
Cool Nicknames for David
Here are some cute nicknames for that special someone named David:
- Davey boy – For a cute little munchkin named David.
- Davi-CoCo – For a weirdo who acts “loco” all the time.
- Dubba Hubba – A cute nickname for a husband.
- Dave – Might be one of the most widely used nicknames for a David.
- Davie – A sweet nickname for David.
- Davis – Another popular variation for David.
- D-Bug – A David that you’ve got eyes only for.
- Davilicious – For an irresistible David.
- Davie Bun-Bun – David with the cutest buttocks.
- Boo’D – Pronounce it any way you want, but D stands for David.
- My D – For your favorite D, whatever that means.
- Coolio-Davio – For a David who tried too hard to be cool.
- Diggles – One who has the most infectious giggles ever.
- David Caramel – A dark-skinned version of David Cameron.
- Dave Patootie – For a cutie-pie named David.
- Davy Babyface – A David with the cutest facial features.
- Daven Haven – For a friendly David.
- Davidy-Bear – For the sweetest and most accommodating David, you’ve ever met.
- Dawid – A Polish variant of David.
- Davi-Jiggy – For a hyperactive David.
- Dav-olipop – For a sweetie named David.
- Davy Dovy – For a David that you enjoy being all lovey-dovey with.
- Davidy Woobly – For a little David learning how to walk.
- Dashing Davi – For a very elegant and sharp-looking David.
- Bae-vid – For the Bae named David.
- Dav-Fav – For your favorite David in the whole world.
- Davilocks – For a blonde-headed David.
- Davidew – A sweet nickname for one who’s as refreshing as the morning dew.
Amazing Nicknames for David
Here are some cool nicknames for David:
- Davon – A Hebrew variant that also means “Beloved.”
- Davian – A nickname for David with an English origin.
- D-man – For the man named David.
- Davidu – A Slavic variation of David.
- Dei-Dei – Spelt, just like the pronunciation of David.
- David Haye – Reference to the famous boxer. A cool nickname for a David, who could throw hands.
- D-Fury – For a quick-tempered David.
- DaDoomster – For a scary-looking David.
- Davido – For a cool and funky David.
- Dawud – An Arabic variant of David.
- Papi D – For a ladies’ man.
- Becks – Inspired by English footballer David Beckham, for a David who’s talented at Football.
- Davin – A French variant of David.
- Lil D – For a small but adorable David.
- Daveed – A Russian variant for a David.
- StoneBwoy – Coined from the Biblical David, that killed Goliath with a sling and a stone, and perfect for a small but mighty being.
- D-Dawg – For your home-boy named David.
- Davud – A Persian variation of the name.
- Big D – For a huge or chubby David.
- Dave Claws – For a tough and fierce David.
- Zavid – A less popular nickname for a David with Hebrew and English-American origin.
- Dazizzle – There’s never a dull moment around him.
- Psychodave – The perfect game username is taken, and this one is definitely taken; however, there is no reason why it cannot be your nickname.
- Dev – Extra points if he’s a developer.
- Dawood – A nickname with Hebrew origins that also means “beloved friend.”
- King David – From the biblical character, King David.
- Dave The Rave – He’s the life of every party.
- Davit – An Armenian variant of the name David.
Smart Nicknames for David
Here are some clever nicknames for David:
- Davidoc – For a Medical practitioner named David
- Davidas – For an Adidas lover named David.
- Dandy David – For a very stylish and fashionable David.
- Dav-Vinci – For a David, whose biggest inspiration is the renowned artist Leonardo da Vinci.
- Davy-Jazzy – For an exotic or sophisticated David.
- Day Day – For a David as light in complexion as the day.
- Davida Hulk – For a tall and muscular David.
- Dav-Downer – This David is always a party pooper.
- Davida Lavida – A David that knows how to live life to the fullest.
- Dave-Devour – For a glutton named David.
- Dav-Dopamine – For a Dave, that’s always in high spirits.
- Gay-Vid – This could be offensive, so only use if your Gayvid is cool.
- Da-pper – For a very “dapper,” David.
- D-Jiggles – He’s got the silliest dance moves you’d ever see.
- Davyd – An unusual but interesting nickname for a David.
- Davide – A variant of David with an Italian origin.
- Davidek – A Czech variant of the name David.
- Da-Alpha – He’s a nature Alpha male and a born leader.
- D-Dang – A multitalented David that always amazes.
- Daa Dreads – For a David who always has his hair in dreads.
- Ta-Da – For an adorable toddler that bears David.
- Davie-Pie – For a yummy and delightful David.
- David Dibble-Dabble – For a David, that’s all over the place.
- Davidde – A Hebrew variant of the name David.
- DaGrin – A David with the widest grin –
- Taavid – A Finnish variant of David.
- Dawidy – A Hebrew nickname for David.
Funny Nicknames for David
How about some silly or ridiculous nicknames for that David in your life? We think you’d find these funny nicknames for David amusing:
- Gangsta Da-Da – For a David that tries too hard to look and act tough.
- Da-Voodoo – For a magician that bears David.
- Dayum – Like the reference, which means “Damn.”
- Dumble Dave – A nickname coined from Harry Potter, for a wise and mature David.
- Diva – A funny, feminine twist on David.
- Dave the Barbarian – A reference to the famous Disney character.
- Doofy Ball – A clumsy and goofy David.
- Da-Bling – For a flashy, attention-lover.
- Davina – A Scottish variant of David for an effeminate person.
- Daffyd – A David that reminds you of cartoon character Daffy the Duck.
- Freaky Dave – The biggest flirt ever.
- Davy Doozy – For a David, that’s always tired or sleepy.
- Dave Chappelle – A reference to the famous comedian, Dave Chappelle, which makes it a funny nickname for a guy named David.
- Davy Dufus – A doofus named David.
- Davie Wonder – Culled from the Legendary Stevie Wonder, for a talented singer named David.
- Da-mazing – For a spectacular David.
- Daunty-Dave – For a very intimidating David.
- Door-Vid – For a tall and sturdy David
Famous People Named Dave
- Dave Days, Musician/singer and youtuber
- Dave Clark, Spitual leader, author, Ankeny
- Dave Clark, musician of The Dave Clark Five
- Dave Thomas, founder of fast food chain Wendy’s.
Do you know any nice nickname for David that is not in this list? Maybe one you’ve been called in the past? Share them in the comments section!