42 Famous and Magnificent Nicknames for Mark 2020 Update.
Mark may be a popular name, but it can be a challenge to find a good nickname for it, which is why we put together a big list of all the nicknames we might find for Mark.
Mark Origin and Meaning
There is a disputable origin to the name Mark. While some people believe that the name comes from the Latin word “Mart-kos,” meaning “Consecrated to the god of Mars,” “god of war,” and “To be warlike,” others believe that Mark comes from the Greek word “Malakoz,” meaning soft or tender.
In the mid-1900s, Mark was the most popular and ranked in 2018 as the 210th most popular name for boys in the United States.
The name was borne in the Bible by one of the four evangelists, the author of the second Gospel.
Cool Nicknames for Mark
You can get cool nicknames either by adding certain suffixes to the name or by adding cool words / phrases. Here are some of the pleasant pet names for Mark’s name:
- Marco polo: A pun on the name of Marco Polo, the renowned Italian merchant, explorer, and writer.
- Markle: Like Meghan Markle.
- Marky Boo
- Twain: Inspired by the pen name of popular American writer, publisher, and humorist, Mark Twain.
- Macleans: A popular toothpaste brand.
- Dark Mark: The symbol of Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
- Mars: Culled from one of the meanings of the name Mark.
- KMark: A pun on the name of popular American big-box department store chain, Kmart.
- Magic Mark
- McDonald’s: A pun on the name of the popular American fast-food company.
Variations of Mark
Variants of a name can make great nicknames for the name. Here are some variants of the name Mark:
- Marcas: An Irish and Scottish variant of the name Mark.
- Marek: A Polish variant of the name Mark.
- Margh: A Cornish variant of the name Mark.
- Marcu: A Romanian and Sardinian variant of the name Mark.
- Maleko: A Hawaiian variant of the name Mark.
Nicknames for Mark from TV or Books
Names or nicknames of fictional characters on television and in books can also be used as a person’s nickname or as a source of inspiration.
Here are several fictional television or book characters that can be used as Mark’s nicknames:
- Mark the Minion (also known as Mom Minion): A minion in the animated movie “Despicable Me.”
- Mark Sloan (also known as McSteamy): A character on the television drama series “Grey’s Anatomy.”
- Mark Mardon (also known as Weather Wizard): A character on the television series “The Flash.”
- Mark Watney (also known as The Martian): The main character in the book and film “The Martian.”
Famous People Named Mark
Names of celebrities could also be used as nicknames. Here are names of famous people that could be used as nicknames for a person named Mark:
- Mark Zuckerberg (also known as Slayer, Princely, or Zuck): An American Internet entrepreneur and Chief Executive Officer of Facebook
- Mark A. Shephard (also known as Crowley): An American actor.
- Mark Andrew Greenway (also known as Barney): The lead vocalist of the British band, Napalm Death.
- Mark Calaway (also known as The Undertaker): An American professional wrestler.
- Mark Robert Wahlberg: (also known as Marky Mark/Markie Mark): An American actor and rapper.
- Mark Edward Fischbach (also known as Markiplier): An American YouTube Gamer.
- Mark Sinclair (also known as Vin Diesel): An American actor, director, producer, and writer.
Do you know of other unique nicknames for the name Mark that we have missed in our list? Be a dear and share them with us in the comments section below!