Student one of the schools in Saint-Petersburg brought home found on the street a plastic bottle of mercury, 0.5 liter (weight of a bottle — about 7 kg). As journalists were told by the city Prosecutor’s office, the child was hospitalized with poisoning, is checked.
“The Prosecutor’s office of the Nevsky district of St. Petersburg organized the inspection in connection with the information on conveyance 10 Oct 2018 minor in Children’s city clinical hospital № 5 named after N. F. Filatov with a diagnosis of “mercury poisoning”, — reported in a press-Department service.
According to prosecutors, the boy found a container of mercury 28 September and brought her home. According to city Committee for nature use, environmental protection and ecological safety, October 8, specialists of environmental emergency brigade seized the bottle and took her out for recycling.
The Supervisory authority also intends to evaluate the actions of the emergency services who went to the scene and had not been informed the responsible authorities about the discovery of containers with hazardous liquid minors.
Read more •••