Top 60 Nicknames for the Name Jacob Latest UpIf date.
If you are Looking for Nicknames for the Name Jacob, then you are in the right place as we have provided here, the top 60 nicknames you can call someone named Jacob.
From the Latin Iacob, which was from the Greek Ἰακώβ (Iakob), which was from the Hebrew name יַעֲקֹב (Ya’aqov).
In the Old Testament Jacob (later called Israel) is the son of Isaac and Rebecca and the father of the twelve founders of the twelve tribes of Israel.
He was born holding his twin brother Esau’s heel, and his name is explained as meaning “holder of the heel” or “supplanter”, because he twice deprived his brother of his rights as the firstborn son (see Genesis 27:36).
The English names Jacob and James derive from the same source, with James coming from Latin Iacomus, a later variant of the Latin New Testament form Iacobus. Unlike English, many languages do not have separate spellings for the two names.
In England, Jacob was mainly regarded as a Jewish name during the Middle Ages, though the variant James was used among Christians. Jacob came into general use as a Christian name after the Protestant Reformation.
In America, although already moderately common, it steadily grew in popularity from the early 1970s to the end of the 1990s, becoming the top-ranked name from 1999 to 2012.
A famous bearer was Jacob Grimm (1785-1863), the German linguist and writer who was, with his brother Wilhelm, the author of Grimm’s Fairy Tales.
Here are some other variations of the name Jacob:
- Thiago – Portuguese
- Yakubu – Hausa
- Jakobu – Yoruba
- Jakob – German
- Jakup, Jakobi – Albanian
- Jakob, Jacobus, Jakobus – Afrikaans
- Yakub – Arabic
Famous People That Bear The Name Jacob
- Jacob Mark Pits (American guitarist)
- Jacob Seth Lofland (American actor)
- Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal (American actor)
- Jacob Dalton (American artistic gymnast)
- Jacob Vargas (Mexican-American actor)
- Jacob Edward Peavy (American baseball pitcher)
- Jacob Bernoulli (Swiss mathematician)
- Jacob Artist (American actor and singer)
- Jacob Loucks Devers (U.S Army general)
- Jacob Sartorius (American pop singer)
- Jacob Hubner (German entomologist)
- Jacob Tremblay (Canadian actor)
- Jacob Pavlovich Adler (Ukrainian-American Yiddish actor)
- Jacob Dolson (American politician, 28th Governor of Ohio)
- Jacob Whitesides (American singer)
Famous Characters Named Jacob
- Jacob Marley (Character from Dickens “A Christmas Carol”)
- Jacob (Lost)
- Jacob David Jake (Two and a Half Men)
- Jacob Jake Pentecost (Pacific Rim)
- Jacob Jake Sisko (Star Trek – Deep Space Nine)
- Jacob Daniel Johnson (Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Jacob Kowalski (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
- Jacob Palmer (Crazy, Stupid, Love)
- Jacob Jake Barnes (The Sun Also Rises)
- Jacob Carter (Stargate – SG-1)
Short Nicknames for Jacob
- Cobby – Cobb with a Y.
- Jay – J in Jacob spelled as pronounced.
- Cob – The last 3 letters of Jacob.
- Cobb – Cob with an extra B.
- Jaco – The first four letters of Jacob.
- Jab – The first two letters in Jacob and the last one.
- Jo – First and fourth letters in Jacob.
- Jacoby – Jacob spelled with a Y.
- Job – The first letter of Jacob and its last two letters.
Cool Nicknames for Jacob
- Yakob – A Hebrew Jacob.
- Jason – A kind-hearted Jacob.
- Jace – A sweet Jacob.
- Jakob – A cognate of Jacob.
- Jack – A variation for Jacob.
- Jacko – A Jacob who dances (A reference to the King of Pop – Michael Jackson).
- Jacky – An intelligent Jacob.
- J-bone – A Jacob who is a good friend
- J-dawg – An extremely cool Jacob
- Sporty Jakey – A Jacob that loves sports.
- Jacobaoli – An Indian Jacob.
- Jazzy Jakey – A jiggy Jacob.
- Jacober – A Jewish variation for Jacob.
- Jazz – The first to letters from Jacob (A Jacob who loves Jazz).
- Jakey B – (A Jacob who is like a brother)
- Jacobi – A variant for Jacob.
- Jay Derulo – A reference to the American singer Jason Derulo, a Jacob who loves music.
- Jay Z – A reference to American rapper Jayz, a Jacob who loves to rap.
- Jay Millz – A Jacob who is considered extremely cool.
- Jacobus – A variant for Jacob.
- Jakeson – A cool Jacob.
- Jakey – A jumpy Jacob.
- Jakey-Jake – A cute form for Jakey.
- Jay Jay – J in Jacob spelled as Jay.
- J-bear – A Jacob you can cuddle.
- Jace – A pleasant Jacob.
- Jace Cutie – A cute Jacob.
- Jakey boy – An adorable boy named Jacob.
- JayBird – A Jacob who loves airplanes.
- Jakey-Poo – A Winnie the Pooh reference.
- JacobBooBear – A Jacob who is your boo.
- Jacey – A feminine Jacob.
- Jacob-Roo – A adorable nickname for Jacob.
- Sweet Jacob – Similar to Sweet Jesus.
Funny Nicknames for Jacob
If you have a buddy named Jacob and you fancy a funny nickname for him, here are some funny Jacob nicknames:
- Jakey Wakey – A Jacob who is always asleep.
- Jacob jawbone – A Jacob who speaks informally.
- JacobWooBear – A Jacob who reminds you of a bear.
- Chunky Jacob – A chubby Jacob.
- Jacob Jackal – A basic Jacob.
- Jack of All Trades – A Jacob who can do everything.
- Cob-o-corn – A reference to corn on cob.