45 Popular and Amazing Nicknames for Anthony Latest 2020 Update.
Do you have difficulties in finding a suitable nickname for Anthony? Then we should say that you are in the right page. Take your time and go through this cool list provided below. It can be an enjoyable experience to find the correct nicknames. If it is for a lover, a best mate, a family member, a new pet, or even yourself, it certainly feels nice to pick out the most fitting nickname.
Anthony is derived from the Latin Antonius, an old Roman family name of unknown etymology. “Priceless” and “of inestimable worth” are popular folk definitions of the name.
Anthony is a traditionally masculine name with roots going back to ancient Greek and Roman cultures as well as the Basque language.
In Basque, Anthony means “he who adds, and it can mean both “of the Antonius family” in Latin and “priceless one” in ancient Greek.
It is perfect for any priceless newborn, it’s also related to the Greek “anthos” meaning flower — and floral names are definitely making a comeback.
However, most people who bear Anthony are frequently nicknamed Tony more than any other variant.
Cool Nicknames for Anthony
- Tony – Everyone’s favorite nickname for Anthony.
- Iron Man – Inspired by the character played by popular American actor Robert Downey Jr. (also known as Tony Stark) and the perfect fit for a strong or muscular Tony.
- King Tony – A cool nickname for Tony
- T-Rex – A nickname suitable for a tall and intimidating person named Tony.
- Nino – A short form of Anthony; interestingly, it means boy in Spanish.
- Nat – A nickname derived from shuffling some of the first letters in the name.
- Ant-Man – Inspired by the Marvel Comics character, Ant-Man.
- Megaton – A cool nickname for a heavy Tony.
- Tones – Anthony with a perfect or glowing skin tone.
- Antonini – A variant of Anthony.
- Antonius – Latin variant of the name.
- Ant – A short form of Anthony.
- Twan – A cool nickname for Anthony.
- Thanos – Inspired by the Marvel Comics fictional supervillain, Thanos.
- Antwan – A variation popularly used by African-Americans.
- T-Bag – T from Tony.
- Anton – A nickname for Anthony with Bulgarian origin.
- Tiger Ton – A nickname for a stern-faced or frightening Tony.
- Antun – A Croatian-rooted nickname for one who bears Anthony.
- Tee – Derived from the pronunciation of the popular nickname Tony.
- Tone – A short nickname for Anthony.
- Aunt Tony – A tease nickname that sounds similar to the original name when pronounced
Other Nicknames for Anthony
- Antóin – Irish variant of the name.
- Stoney – Anthony with an intimidating or stony face.
- Antolicious – A cheesy nickname for a sweet and precious little Anthony.
- Andy – Anthony becomes Ant, and one day someone calls him Andy and boom!
- Tony Stark – An alternative to the nickname Iron Man.
- Tony Baloney – For a silly or playful person who bears Anthony.
- Big Tuna – A funny nickname for Anthony.
- Tony Hawk – Inspired by American professional skateboarder, actor, and owner of a skateboard company, Anthony Frank Hawk.
- Antoine – A nickname for Anthony with European origin.
- Pepper Toni – Inspired by Pepperoni.
- AJ – Nicknamed after the famous boxer, Anthony Joshua.
- Tony Blair – Adapted from the name of the Former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
- T-Pony – A funny nickname for Anthony.
- Tony Thunder – For a powerful person named Tony who commands attention.
- Antonin – A nickname with Czech/French origin, meaning “priceless, inestimable or praiseworthy.”
- Anth – A short form of Anthony.
- A-Symphony – An exquisite nickname for a music lover named Anthony.
- Tonito – A Spanish/Italian variant for an Anthony, meaning “Priceless one.”
- Irony – because it rhymes.
- Antin – A short form of Anthony.
- Tony Flex – For an extrovert named Anthony or one who’s hard not to notice.
- Priceless – From the literal interpretation of the name Anthony, for an exceptional Tony.
Popular Famous People Named Anthony
Here are some of the most famous people named Anthony:
- Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua – British professional boxer and former unified world heavyweight champion.
- Anthony “Tony” Stark – A fictional character also known as Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. and also based on the Marvel Comics.
- Anthony Joseph Kiedis – American musician, lead singer, and lyricist of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Anthony Stewart Head – English actor and musician.
- Anthony Anderson – American actor and writer, and star of ABC’s Black-ish.
- Anthony Jarrad Morrow – American professional basketball player.
- Anthony Cornelius Hamilton – American R&B singer-songwriter, and record producer.
- Anthony Howard “Tony” Goldwyn – American actor and director.
- Anthony Deane Rapp – American stage/film actor and singer.
- Anthony Frank Hawk – American actor and professional skateboarder.
Do you know any other nicknames suitable for an Anthony that’s not included on our list? Do well to drop it in the comment section